Appraisal, purchase consulting and private assessments
We recommend to carry out an appraisal before you buy an instrument or order a repair work. Only a specialist recognizes defects or damages that are difficult to detect, for instance, damages of the casting frame, soundboard and soundpost. The costs of the transport often exceed the price of a seriously damaged or worn instrument We inform you about
- the value of the instrument,
- the costs of the repair,
- the potential price range at a private sale,
- and if we are interested in buying your or a price offer.
Court− and private expert opinions
Heinz Letuha is a court-certified expert for the special field 60.23 musical instruments, objective limitation: stringed keyboard instruments (pianos, harpsichords, celesta and historical keyboard instruments). Court expert opinions The court-certified expert is legally obliged to objectivity and impartiality. He determines and describes therefor the dispute relevant facts about the current state of the instrument. The appraisal includes the expert’s drawn conclusions in terms of the question. Private appraisals Documentation and determination of the current state of the instrument. Dokumentation und Feststellung des IST-Zustands des Instruments. We impart the knowledge which is important for the understanding of the facts to the customer. In the following situations a private appraisal is useful for you:
Valuation report – Determination of the adequacy of the price
- The individual value is determined through a combination of experience, market proximity, qualification and expertise.
- Appraisal on the cost estimate
- Valuation of additional services
- Check on the investment needs on appropriateness, profitability and meaningfulness
- Consideration of different solutions
- Target-oriented support for decision making out of expert view
- Appraisal as evidence in case of disputes
Appraisal for the in- of export of instruments into countries outside of the EU - species protection
Do you plan to move your instrument to a country outside the EU? In this case, we recommend you an verification of the used materials through the “Declaration of materials”. The “Declaration of materials” can be made by a court expert or master piano builder who knows the necessary details and works with utmost care. You have to distinguish:
- The instrument contains only plant-based or animal materials which are not part of the species protection.
- The components of the instrument are part of the species protection (C.I.T.E.S.).
Materials which are part of the species protection are for example veneers, semitones, ivory-coatings, tortoiseshell, etc. For the in- or export of an instrument to the USA, you have to fulfill additional requirements. Please get in touch with us under (Contact). We will be glad to advise you.